Join us at Camp Chief Hector YMCA for a weekend of outdoor fun!
Winter Escape Weekends New for 2024!
February 9-11, March 8-10, November 29 - December 1
Your new basecamp for winter fun in the mountains! Round up some friends or family and come to stay in our brand new insulated yurts. Being close to the mountains allows you to choose your own adventure during the day, which could be snowshoeing or hiking around site, visiting a nearby ski area, or checking out Kananaskis, Canmore and Banff. Meals provided.
- No facilitated camp activities
- Register as a group / family. Pricing on a per person basis
Winter Escape Weekend Registration opens December 11, 2023 at 9:30 a.m.
Family Getaway Weekends
Family groups will have the opportunity to participate in a number of rotating camp activities including archery, meeting our horses, ropes course, nature scavenger hunt, crafts and hiking.
- This year, we are excited to introduce our new accommodations on site, Yurts! Each family will be staying in their own Yurt with the classic bunk bed set-up, as well as a wood-fire stove.
- Our chef and kitchen team will provide a hot breakfast each morning, a hearty lunch for both days and a BBQ dinner on the Saturday night.
- Arrival is between 6:30pm and 8:00pm on the Friday. Families can choose to stay until 4:00pm on the Sunday.
- Pricing is based on a family group of 4 people. Groups have an option to add up to 2 additional members for an added fee, not including kids age 0-3.
- Please come ready to be outside for most of the day, with comfortable shoes for walking and sun and rain gear.
- As mentioned before, yurts are equipped with bunk beds, mattresses and a wood stove. Each person will need to bring a sleeping bag and pillow. No food or cooking is allowed in the yurts.
- Please do not bring your pets.
Registration for our first weekend in May will open January 18, 2024 at 9:30 a.m.